RFP: Conceptual Master Plan for Churchill Valley Greenway
Allegheny Land Trust (ALT) is requesting proposals for a Conceptual Master Plan for the 151-acre Churchill Valley Greenway located on Beulah Road in the municipalities of Churchill and Penn Hills, Allegheny County.
ALT closed on the property on June 30, 2021. The site was formerly operated as the Churchill Country Club which included clubhouse facilities, pool, tennis courts and the golf course. The former country club structures have been razed, but the former parking lot, courts, asphalt golfcart paths and 2 Core10 Steel bridges remain, but in various conditions. Chalfant Run, a tributary to Turtle Creek, flows through the site and is impaired with Abandoned Mine Drainage (AMD). Almost five miles of aging golfcart paths meander through the former fairways that have evolved into wildflower meadows making them important and attractive habitat as well as a popular hiking, running, dog walking, strolling and biking destination for people of all ages and abilities.
SCHEDULE & BUDGET
Proposals Due: August 16, 2021
Interviews (if necessary): Week of August 23, 2021
Notice to Proceed: September 1, 2021
Draft Conceptual Plan: Provide a draft within 8 weeks of signing a contract
Final Conceptual Plan: Provide a final, ALT-approved plan within 10 weeks of signing a contract
The budget for this project is no more than $20,000.
The proposal submission from qualified consultants should include the following:
- Letter of Interest explaining how the consultant(s) will accomplish the scope of work.
- Two project examples similar to this request the consultant(s) have been involved with.
- Name of person(s) who will be leading the project and other team members and their bios.
- Estimate of how consultants’ time will be allocated and proposed timeline.
- A complete breakdown of the budget.
- Provide at least two references of past clients.
Please pass this along to anyone who may be interested, and contact Emilie Rzotkiewicz with any questions.