Volunteer Workday: Girty’s Woods Trail Building
June 30 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Help Forge New, Sustainable Trail!
Join the ALT Stewardship team and fellow volunteers as we work to improve Girty’s Woods. Starting on Earth Day 2022, we began forging a new, sustainable trail from Frederick Street in Millvale to provide additional community access. Lend a hand to help us continue those efforts at this volunteer workday!
Can’t make it to this trail workday? We’ll host two more this summer: July 7 and July 28. We hope to see you there.
What to Expect:
– We’re building a brand new trail through a steep, wooded hillside. Expect uneven, steep, and muddy terrain.
– Clothing: We recommend wearing layers for sunny/rainy/buggy conditions.
– Footwear: Wear good boots or close-toed shoes as we will be working on a steep, uneven, muddy hillside to build new trail.
– Parking: There is limited parking is available on Frederick Street, though many on-street options are within 1-2 blocks of our meeting point.
– ALT provides tools, you may bring your own if preferred.
– Bring your own gloves and water (we will have extra gloves, masks, and water on-hand).
– Event runs rain or shine.
– Children welcome, must be accompanied by an adult.