VOLUNTEER WORKDAY: GIRTY’S WOODS TRAIL BUILDING
July 28 @ 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Join the ALT Stewardship team and fellow volunteers as we work to improve Girty’s Woods. Starting on Earth Day 2022, we began forging a new, sustainable trail from Frederick Street in Millvale to provide additional community access. Lend a hand to help us continue those efforts at this volunteer workday!
What to Expect:
- We’re building a brand new trail through a steep, wooded hillside. Expect uneven, steep, and muddy terrain.
- Clothing: We recommend wearing layers for sunny/rainy/buggy conditions.
- Footwear: Wear good boots or close-toed shoes as we will be working on a steep, uneven, muddy hillside to build new trail.
- Parking: There is limited parking is available on Frederick Street, though many on-street options are within 1-2 blocks of our meeting point.
- ALT provides tools, you may bring your own if preferred.
- Bring your own gloves and water (we will have extra gloves, masks, and water on-hand).
- Event runs rain or shine.
- Children welcome, must be accompanied by an adult.